Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Long Time, No Type

It's been quite a while since I really posted.  Lots of stuff has been going on, so here goes...  

Lily had her 9-month doctor's appointment recently.  (No shots!  Woo hoo!)  Everything looked great!  She's still a little small according to the charts, which is hard to believe because have you seen those cheeks and thighs?!?  Oh, well.  The doc wasn't concerned at all and said that was typical for breastfed babies.  We're starting to give Lily more types of baby food and some table food.  She's really such a great eater.  The only thing she hasn't been to wild about so far is the baby food chicken.  Ugh, I can't blame her!  That stuff smells terrible!!!  She's able to feed herself pretty well, which is really cool.  She loves the flavored rice puffs!  As we keep giving her more "regular" food, we'll start the weaning process.  That is both happy and sad for me.  I'm sure you other moms who breastfed understand that!

We’re going for her professional 9-month pictures this week!  Some are going to be outside!  I’m very excited!

Barrett and I actually watched a movie at the theater this weekend.  How crazy is that?  Okay, not so much.  But that is the first time I’ve been to the theater since my little sweetie was born, so good times for me!  We saw Angels & Demons, which was a great movie – lots of suspenseful action!  I enjoyed our date!  We’ll have to make that a more regular habit!

I recently took a cake decorating class with the plan to make Lily’s first birthday cake.  I baked a cake on Sunday so I could practice.  That didn’t turn out too well...  This is supposed to be a daisy. 
The instructor and the books say to prep the pan with shortening and flour.  Well, both times I have tried that the cake has stuck!  Next time, I’m going back to the good ol’ spray stuff.  It’s so much easier anyway!  I haven’t totally decided what I’m going to do for her cake, but I need to get practicing.  Her birthday is only a couple of months away!  I can hardly believe it!

We are very excited about Lily’s two new cousins on the way!  Little Levi (my brother, Scott’s son) will be here any day now!  And baby-girl-cousin (Barrett’s sister, Carrie’s daughter!) will be here in November!  Very fun!!!

Let’s see, what else?  Our little sunshine is continuing to learn and grow.  She is our little inspector!  She is extremely curious about EVERYTHING!  She has gone through a couple of cute phases where she’ll focus on a certain body part to examine.  For a while she was fascinated with my eyeballs!  It was hilarious!  She would get really close to my face and would just stare!  I would move my eyes around and she’d watch fixated!  It really was adorable!  She then moved on to teeth for a short while.  Of course, she has always loved hands and hair.  

I just love how she explores the world.  When we are out shopping she just takes everything in.  And we never make a trip to Wal-Mart or anywhere else for that matter without getting comments about how adorable, aware, alert, curious, pretty, funny she is! She is so funny with people!  She definitely recognizes and loves family but she loves strangers too.  Depending on her mood she’ll stare for a few minutes and then warm up and make funny faces at them or she’ll fake like she’s shy and lay her head on my shoulder before she warms up to them.  It really cracks me up!  And she waves to everybody!  She doesn’t really move her hand or fingers; she just puts her hand up in the air.  Aunt Carrie and Uncle Matthew have been calling it a shout-out.  J 

She’s very mobile!  And fast!!!  She doesn’t crawl on her hands and knees the typical way, but does more of what I call the inchworm.  She can crawl the regular way if she wants to, but she’s so fast at the inchworm, that I think she prefers it.  Who knows…  She may not ever crawl the typical way, but that wouldn’t surprise me about my independent child.  She definitely has her own opinion about things and she’ll let you know about it!

She’s working on pulling up and can stand very well with little support.  I should take some pictures of that to put on here.

She started clapping on her own a few weeks ago and does it all the time.  You can tell she is so proud of herself when she conquers something new.  I love it!

I feel like there was more that I wanted to post about, but I can’t think of what that is now and since this is already ridiculously long, I’ll sign off for now.  I hope to get better at posting more regularly so don’t give up on me yet!  In the meantime, enjoy this pics of my silly girl!  (She looks so big in some of these!)  Have a great day!

Oh, yeah!  I almost forgot to tell you the most recent news.  Lily got her first tooth!  I guess it came in last night because I just noticed it this morning!  I'll work on getting a picture, but she hasn't been too cooperative so far!  ;)




















1 comment:

Aunt Carrie said...

She looks too big in the black & white dress...I am not ready for that yet.
The sunglasses & easter egg are too funny...so Lily.
And, I am SOOOO happy that you finally got one of that last face before she stops doing it. It is my favorite face that she makes right now!