We've been keeping busy and having a fun summer! We've taken great trips to Atlanta, Dallas and Nashville to visit my side of the family. And of course, we always have fun with family in town each week. We've gone to Wild River Country (thank you season pass!), played outside at home and just had fun all around. My girl is getting so big and she is stinkin' smart. Don't believe me? I'll prove it with a couple of cute stories.
I started "time-out" this week. She's old enough to know when she's doing things she's not supposed to so it's time to really start discipline (well, past time really). So, she pushed her plate of food off the tray when she was "done." I put her in what will now be her time-out spot by the back door and told her to sit there until I told her she could get up. And she actually stayed there! She called "Mommy, Mommy" over and over and when that did not get a response from me...she started calling "Amy, Amy!" Yeah, she's not even 2!
Lily LOVES Dora. She asks to watch "Boots and Dora" just about the second she wakes up in the morning and all day. I generally only let her watch one episode a day. We have several episodes on our DVR. So a couple of days ago, I was looking at the list as we were about to watch and started asking which one she wanted to watch by the title. Do you want to watch "Bouncing Ball?" "No." "La Musica?" "No." "Doctor Dora?" "Yes." At this point I just thought she was just answering indiscriminately. Then she says "choo-choo train!" In the Doctor Dora episode Dora helps a choo-choo train find his whistle. I kid you not. I don't know when we had watched that one last, but I think it had been a while. I could not believe she remembered!
She wows me every day and yet I'm sometimes still in denial that she's a little girl and not a baby. Amazing how fast time goes! Anyway, we're having a family birthday party in a couple of weeks for my soon-to-be-2-year-old! Can you guess the theme? Yes! Dora! Fun times! Enjoy these recent pics from our Atlanta/Nashville trip and a few from home as well.
1 comment:
I LOVE several of these and have to get prints...they are so Lily!
And I really enjoyed the choke-hold-hug picture wiht her boy cousins; that must be a right of passage or something! :)
Post a Comment