Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Eight Hours?!? Woo hoo!!!

Many of you are just not going to believe this.  I can hardly believe it myself, but trust me...I know!  Our sweet little girl slept for EIGHT hours straight last night!   We have been struggling so much to get her to sleep well and I'm so happy she was able to get lots of good rest.  There is a catch to all of this of course.  I was actually holding her on the couch.  I know, not really the ideal.  And that's not what I had intended to happen.  She had eaten and I'd changed her and swaddled her up.  I sent Barrett to bed early for once (He usually keeps her during the first part of the night so I can sleep.  He's so good to me!)  Then all the sudden Lily starts acting hungry again (she's been eating like a horse lately).  So instead of unwrapping her to feed her and then wrap her back up, I just fed her while she was swaddled.  I always like to hold her up for 15-20 minutes after she eats because of the reflux.  Well, I guess we were both exhausted because we both fell asleep and stayed that way!  Now, I am not naive enough to think that this trend will continue every night, but I am hopeful that it is a sign of good nights to come!  :)

P.S.  We are so much looking forward to my mom, Scott, Cheryl and Caleb visiting us this weekend!!

1 comment:

Leah said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going so well - you and Barrett are great parents! Lily is soooo precious!
Leah