Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm One Today!

Wow, seriously?  It's been a YEAR?!?  They aren't kidding when they say it goes by fast!  It's so hard to believe that my little pumpkin was born a year ago today.  It's been such a great year!  Barrett and I absolutely love this little girl more than we could ever put into words.  We thank God for her!  

Here she is having so much fun.  I love this nose crinkling smile!!  She was playing with wind chimes with Nana and having a blast!  It was taken a while ago but I realized I didn't put in on the Atlanta post and just had to put it on here.
Answering the phone.  She even says her version of "hello."
Look how tall she is!  This one cracks me up because it looks like she's mad at the toys, though she's probably just trying to figure out which one she wants.  This girl is a thinker!
How precious is this??  Getting a kiss from cousin Caleb while we were in Dallas.  (We went down there for a soccer match that was Daddy's birthday present.  It was at the new Cowboys Stadium.  That place was so cool!  Oh, and Daddy's soccer team won.  Yay!)
Helping Mommy with the mail.
Big smiles!
More big smiles!  I'm planning to take her picture on her birthday in this chair so we can see how much she has grown each year.
She's started doing some talking although you have to know what she's saying to understand.  :)  She says 'dada,' 'mama,' 'around' (for the overhead fan), 'hello' (for the phone), 'balloon,' 'oo oo oo' for the monkey, 'meow' for the kitty, 'moo' for the cow...I think there may be one or two more, but they aren't coming to me at the moment.  

We are having a family birthday party for sweetie tomorrow so I've got to get back to work.  I'll post pics from the party later!

4 comments:

Barbara Breeding said...

Let's try this again.
Happy Birthday Lily. Can't believe you are 1!
Love you, Mamaw

Leah said...

SO Precious, Birthday Girl!
Looking forward to having "two" girls - won't they have fun!
Leah

Leah said...

SO Precious, Birthday Girl!
Looking forward to "two" girls - won't they have fun!
Leah

Cheryl said...

Time for those party pictures!