So I figured it's finally time for me to post about what's been going on with my little sweetie. Lily Eudene was born three weeks early on August 14th, 2008. She was 6 lbs. 10 oz. and 19 1/2 in. We had a bit of a rocky start, but we've since worked through her jaundice and eating issues. Now she is growing like crazy! The last time we weighed her she was 8 lbs., but that was almost three weeks ago. I think she's probably close to 10 now! I may try to get her weighed this week to see for sure. I mean, the girl is finally getting rolls! It's wonderful to see! She's smiling every day, sometimes in response to us and sometimes it's because of the reflux. Because of the reflux we still have to keep her elevated at all times (which means we sleep sitting up with her) but I know that's only temporary. I just wish I could make it stop for her now. She's also getting much better control of her head. She can hold it up by herself for quite a while and can pick it up by herself when on her tummy. I can't believe how fast she's growing! She's got an array of different cries now. I'm still learning what they all mean. She also makes adorable little coos and ahhs when she's playing. She really loves playing with her daddy. She smiles for him the most. They are really going to have a special bond. It's going to be so fun to watch them as she grows. Let's see, what else? She likes to rock in her room, she likes it when her daddy sings to her (She even has an outfit that says "Daddy Rocks and Sings to Me" from Aunt Carrie. So cute.). She loves to check out the world around her, she likes to bounce (which is going to give us all a workout), she pouts her lips out, loves to stretch and of course loves to snuggle.
Because Lily was early and so little we hadn't taken her out much, but so far she has been to my office to meet my friends there, our Life Group (small church group at our friends' house), Grandma and S's house, Mamaw and Papaw's house, Aunt Carrie and Uncle Matthew's house and then to Granny's house today.
Today was the first day we went to church as a family. Getting ready and out the door was actually very easy. We were so surprised. I'm sure it won't always be that way. And she made it all the way through service! She slept most of the time on Grandma. We then went to Granny's house for lunch where Lily got to play with Doug, Jen, Zac and Logan. Now that she's older and bigger, we'll start doing more.
She's crying now 'cause she's hungry so I'll have to come back to post pics. I promise to do that soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment